This is a very useful recipe for a day when you want to make a quick & super tasty dish. Nobody will believe it only took 15 minutes to make. It’s great paired up with plain Basmati rice or some pasta, and is perfect with our Forgotten Hill 2017 Pinot Gris.
- 2 Pork rib chops, about 3/4 inch thick – boneless
- 1teaspoon chopped garlic (more, if wanted)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (or 1 tsp parsley flakes)
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon capers (rinsed)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Whipping cream or half & half
- Mix together the garlic, chopped parsley and dill weed. Add the fresh ground pepper. I suggest leaving the salt to the individual.
- Start a frying pan heating. Add the olive oil.
- Place the chops on a platter. Spread some of the herb mix on both sides of the chops. Pat the mix onto the chops so it sticks.
- Place in a medium hot frying pan. Fry for 3-5 minutes per side, till nicely browned and mostly cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms and capers to the frying pan in the last 2 minutes.
- When the chops look done, add the cream and cook for 2-3 minutes till it starts to thicken and brown. Toss in the fresh spinach and stir and serve.
The quantity of cream depends on how much sauce you want.
Rib chops are my favourite cut because they remain moist & tender but most cuts can be used.