A well-made omelette is great for breakfast, or even lunch. but a really good omelette is more than eggs…
- Serves: 1
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 1 large egg
- Butter (to taste)
- Half a small tomato, chopped into small pieces
- A handful of fresh spinach leaves
- 4 1 or 2 green onion, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Shredded white & yellow cheddar, mixed, 2-3 tablespoons
- 1 or 2 green onion, chopped
- Optional, sriracha sauce
Using a small frying pan:
- Prepare tomato and green onions. Set aside.
- Heat the small frying pan on medium, add & melt butter.
- While pan is heating, break the egg in a small bowl, beat till well mixed, a few seconds.
- Pour beaten egg into the frying pan, Sprinkle evenly with chopped tomato while its still liquid. Spread the fresh spinach leaves over the now setting egg. Add the green onion on top of the spinach leaves and lastly the shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue cooking gently for one to two minutes, till the egg is set & the cheese is melting.
- Top with the sriracha sauce (optional).
- Serve with toast.