Savory puff pastry squares that are quick, simple and delicious.
- 1 pkg. frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Optional: choice of herb
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to 16” x 10” (40 x 25 cm) rectangle. Whisk egg with 1 tbsp. of water; brush over the pastry. Sprinkle with choice of cheese (& herb, if using). Cut into squares. Place on the prepared pan. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Bake in the centre of the oven @ 425°F (220°C) until puffed and golden, about 10 minutes.
- (Can be made-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours)