This is an old family recipe. No summer was complete without this salad. The recipe is quick & easy & very refreshing. It’s also super delicious, particularly on a hot day. Make this when you have some left-over roast chicken (no bones, of course) or just go out and get some roast chicken especially to try this recipe. We use the horseradish Dijon for the bite it gives to the dish but just plain Dijon mustard can be used as well. Serves 2
Mayo & Mustard Dressing (makes approx. one half cup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon horseradish Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- I medium sized green pepper, diced into small pieces
- 1/4-1/2 cup sliced green onions (keep a little aside for garnish)
- 1 pre-cooked (& cooled) boneless, chicken breast, diced into small pieces
- fresh ground pepper for garnish
- Bread (a French baguette or some ciabatta)
- Combine the three ingredients (lemon juice, mustard & mayo) for the dressing in a salad bowl till smooth.
- Add the chopped green onions, mix into the dressing.
- Add the chopped peppers (green or a mix of colours).
- Then add in the pre-cooked, diced breast of chicken to the salad dressing. Toss everything together till it is all well covered.
- Top with the set aside, chopped green onions & a few grindings of fresh pepper.
Serve with your favourite bread on the side. Enjoy!