One of the most opulent and complex of desserts made simple and not too fattening – seriously!
I got it from a book called The Joy of Cheesecake by Dana Bovbjerg & Jeremy Iggers. As the authors say it is ‘fast, easy and almost foolproof’.
Ingredients for filling:
- 2 tbsps. butter, melted & cooled
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ – ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Put the steel blade in the food processor. Place all the ingredients in the bowl. Process until silky smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 30 minutes. Cool the cake in the oven with the door left slightly open until it reaches room temperature. Chill.
- Top with choice of fruit before serving.
Whenever I make this cheesecake there is never, but never, any left.
You can use any type that you want but here is a simple one. It can be chilled or baked.
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsps. butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- If baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a mixing bowl, place all ingredients and mix well.
- Press crumb mixture, on the bottom and partly up the sides, into a greased 9” baking or pie dish, evenly
- Chill for 10-15 minutes in the freezer or bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Cool before filing.